High Heels and Training Wheels: Black Friday Steals

header1

12.03.2014

Black Friday Steals

I am going to rant for a minute. You've been to my blog before, nothing new here. I have always hated Black Friday. Loathed it in fact. I once worked in retail during a Black Friday and seeing that craziness first hand absolutely terrified me. There were clothes strewn all over the place, people were climbing the employee ladders; it was pandemonium! Then you hear stories of people getting in fights over pillows. Pillows! A physical altercation over pillows. I can't. What has Black Friday reduced us to when we're fighting over getting the better deal on a pillow? I have always loved a good deal and I frequently rave about how cheap I am able to get something, but Black Friday? I have always avoided that black pit of craziness like the plague.

via
  But I have to admit, when Black Friday deals were extended to online shopping, it peaked my interest. Getting good deals from the comfort of my own cozy home, dressed in my PJs, coffee in hand? Ok, I'll bite. You've got my attention. Payless is one of these stores who's Black Friday sales ran online and since this is one of my favorite stores....Yipee!! It drug me out of my Black Friday hatred just a little. Especially since I've been admiring the York riding boots at Payless Shoesource for months now. And this Friday they were on sale for....wait for it...$16.99. Boom. I immediately threw my Black Friday reservations out the window and those sweet boots in my cart. And since I was feeling generous, I picked up a schnazzy pair of kicks for the hubs too. Feeling generous or just really hating his current shoes? Eh, tomato, tomahto. But even still, with my boots, his tennies, and free shipping, our total came to $41. AND they arrived in 2 days. That never happens. Ok. I think I might actually love Black Friday.

How to wear a beanie



cognac riding boots

Perfect cold weather look with winter layering

winter layering idea with Peacoat and mustard scarf

cognac riding boots

Perfect cold weather look winter layering

winter layering with peacoat, riding boots and beanie
Peacoat- Old Navy / Sweater (similar)- Forever 21 / Leggings- Target / Scarf (similar)- Walmart / Bag- Kohls / Beanie (cute option)- Target / Glasses c/o Firmoo / York Riding Boots c/o Payless



The deals didn't end at Payless yet though! On Monday "Cyber Monday" sales offered 25% off of everything. Everything. AND all women's holiday shoes are 50% off too. PLUS, orders over $35 get free shipping! Oh, the deals just keep coming! And I still don't have to get out of my PJs! Online shopping is like, the best thing ever for a cold-hating, crowd-fearing, chaos-avoiding hermit like me. Assuming you are, in fact, a cold-hating, crowd-fearing, chaos-avoiding hermit like me. Seriously, help me out, am I of the minority here? Do the rest of you feel this way about Black Friday too? Or am I just a weird introvert who is avoiding the norms of life? Is Black Friday the norm of life now? I feel like there are so many people who really look forward to this. Do some people just love the long lines and chaos? Does it make it more adventurous and I'm missing the point? What are your thoughts on Black Friday?


SHOP THE LOOK


Image Map
Not a follower? Not a problem! Click one of the ways above to stay up on all things 
High Heels and Training Wheels!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Payless via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.


No comments :

Post a Comment

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips