High Heels and Training Wheels: #TLCVoxBox

header1

6.15.2014

#TLCVoxBox

The time has come for another VoxBox! Whoo! 



This box is the TLC VoxBox and it's geared toward us mamas. And let me just say, they hit the nail on the head with this one! Influenster definitely knows us moms and what we need! This may have been the first box that genuinely needed the products in it. It was truly wonderful to open this bad boy up!





Neosporin Neo To Go: $4.97-$7.50

This product is definitely not new to me; I have been using this stuff for years.  My kids (namely my daughter) are so incredibly accident prone she is her father's daughter and it is an absolute necessity for me to have a first-aid kit with me at all times. I am not kidding when I say that she is covered head-to-toe in bumps and bruises and other various boo-boos. If there is an accident to be had, Izzy will find a way. BUT when you're out at the park or on the go, getting a face-paced 6 year old to take the time to sit out while I doctor it up with some antiseptic is pure torture to her. I mean, what if she actually misses something life changing in those 2 minutes?! The Neo To Go is perfect because it's a spray. It's great because I don't actually have to touch this near fatal boo-boo because God knows a light dabbing to them is like twisting a knife in their open wound. There is a panicked chorus of "Don't touch it, don't touch it, don't touch it" every. single. time. (There are all kinds of dramatics when I do have to actually touch it.) And there is little to no drying required. Slap on a band-aid and they're off to acquire some more scrapes in no time! If you're a mom, you absolutely need Neo to go! This stuff has gotten me through 3 kids, guys. Seriously, life changing!



Breyers Gelato Indulgences: $4.49-$5.99

Just look at that picture! Does it not just look delicious?? I was so excited to see this voucher in the box! I have been seeing the commercials for a while now (hilarious by the way!) and I have been dying to try it. When I looked up the flavors to send the hubs out to pick it up, I saw tiramisu and my mouth literally started salivating. (How's that for a visual?) Tiramisu is my absolute favorite dessert and I have never seen it in an ice cream flavor so I was so excited to try it. Alas, our local store was sold out of tiramisu. Yeah, it was devastating. So after I cried a silent cry inside, I told the hubs to grab the caramel vanilla flavor. The ice cream itself has the creamiest texture. It was exactly like getting a soft-serve from the ice cream shop! I have never been able to find that consistency in the store but the Gelato Indulgences were spot on. The flavor was really great as well and the whoooole family loved it!


Ivory Bar Soap: $3.99 for a 10-pack

I am not ordinarily a "bar soap" kind of gal so I was cautiously intrigued when I came across this one. In my experience, bar soaps just do not moisturize like a body wash and they leave my skin with a "tight" feeling. So while it differed from my norm, this bar says it is 99.44% (such a random number!) pure clean and simple and contains no dyes or heavy perfumes. If you've read any of my DIY beauty recipes, you know that definitely peaked my interest. I used this on my daughter that night in the tub and I liked the smell immediately. Our body wash is heavily perfumed, and while I like that, it's not the favorite of the rest of the family. The smell was light and fresh and ideal for kids. It didn't have a whole lot of lather but (as I know from my research) the chemicals that cause the lather are not always the best for you. So that was definitely another plus. Now for how it makes your skin feel...it wasn't quite the luxurious feeling I get from my body wash but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected from a bar. I, personally, will probably stick to my normal body wash but it's a great alternative for the husband and kids.


AVON Anew Reversalist Express Wrinkle Smoother: $30

Now this was the product I was most excited about! I am always excited to try new makeup/beauty products. The AVON Anew Reversalist Wrinkle Smoother is a translucent balm that blurs the look of lines and wrinkles....instantly. Whoa. Wait a minute here. I don't have any wrinkles! But I want to try this out! So my wheels started turning and thought maybe these would work on pores. And lo and behold, I was right! This cream-to-powder can be worn under or over your makeup so I used this along with my primer, before I applied my foundation. I have issues with my foundation settling into my pores and making them more pronounced but the balm really helped to give me an even, smooth canvas to start with. It really did an amazing job at evening my skin's texture; even more so than I've been able to find with other products that are actually meant to target pores. Unfortunately I don't have a camera that can catch that level of detail but trust me, the difference was tremendous. However, with that said, I just can't hang with a $30 price tag. If you guys know me, you know I only buy drugstore products and it's for this very reason. You could have the miracle, cure-all product but it doesn't do me any good if I can't afford it. I will definitely use the rest of this product, but I probably will not be buying another when this one is gone.



Puffs To Go: $0.49 per pack

These are another mommy staple so, again, nothing new to me. There are 5 things that are always in my purse: my travel first-aid kit (including my Neo To Go), sunscreen, wet wipes, hand sanitizer and the handy dandy Puffs To Go. Honestly, never leave home without them. If you have kids, you know snotty noses goes with the territory...even in the summer. Little noses know no season, guys. If you're a prepared mom like I try to be am, then you know you always need these things on hand. And Puffs was brilliant and anticipated our needs with a purse-friendly size. Seriously, another must-have. If you're a mama, go get some to save yourself from snotty, ragged sleeves!


Shell Fuel Rewards Network Card

Ok, I have to admit that I hate paying for gas. Well honestly, who likes it? It's definitely the most "least fun" purchase I have to make. So who wouldn't like to save money on it?? Especially when gas prices are like whoa. Like, seriously there are some should-be-illegal prices going on here. With the Shell Fuel Rewards card new members can save 25 cents per gallon on their second fill up and 3 cents every time after. If you're frugal like me and it makes your heart drop to your stomach every time you see that gas meter rising, you could definitely benefit from some savings!


So, once again, another great box! I have seriously been using the Neo and Puffs for years so it was great to see some old favorites in there. And it was great to discover a new favorite with the Gelato Indulgences! I'm seriously crossing my fingers I can find the tiramisu soon. With the vanilla caramel as good as it was, I can only imagine the tiramisu! (salivating over here again!) The AVON Wrinkle Smoother is a great product if you're willing to shell out the cash. It's not a bad product, it definitely does what it's supposed to, it's just out of my very limited price range. And the shell card? I love saving some money, ya'll!


Image Map
Not a follower? Not a problem! Click one of the ways above to stay up on all things 
High Heels and Training Wheels!

Disclaimer: Although I received all of these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, all thoughts and opinions are mine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips