High Heels and Training Wheels: Get Ready With Me: Filming Makeup

header1

1.19.2014

Get Ready With Me: Filming Makeup

Hey, guys! I promised a "Get Ready With Me" and today it's here! You've seen my makeup products and now you get to see how I use them. Now, although the products I featured previously were for everyday wear, this routine is not. At the time I was getting ready to film a video on my makeup brushes so this look is for days when I am filming.






You're probably wondering what the difference is. Well typically, in pictures or on camera, makeup for the "real world" doesn't show up quite the same. Often times it can make you look washed out. I'm sure you've had experience with that; makeup looks fabulous, you take some pictures, and then you end up looking like a ghost and you're wondering what the heck happened. To look "normal" on camera, you have to make a couple tweaks. 

For the most part, I battle this by just using a heavier hand when applying my makeup. I apply it in the same way, I just use a little more of it. I still use most of the same products from my everyday look as well, but the Revlon PhotoReady line is wonderful for pictures. The finish isn't "dewy" exactly, but it does give you a natural looking sheen so you look more like a human instead of a cake-faced ghost. (Yeah, that's a real thing.) If you're noticing a white cast on your face or you're looking washed out in pictures, I definitely recommend the PhotoReady products.


So, I hope this turns out to be helpful to all of you who have those makeup troubles in pictures and video. I've included a couple tricks of the trade but being that this was my first on-screen makeup routine, it's a little patchy. Bear with me! I would love some input from you guys with experience. Tips or tricks for filming these would be mucho appreciated! Leave me some advice in the comments! As always, if you enjoyed this, don't be afraid to show me a little love by giving it a thumbs up. If you're not already, don't forget to subscribe to my channel annnnd I'll see you guys next time. Enjoy!



Don't forget to watch in HD!



You can also find High Heels on TwitterFacebook and YouTube!



15 comments :

  1. This is a cool segment! And you're gorgeous!


    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cohosting #fundaymonday and thought I'd stop by! I am not a primer and foundation gal...but the use of Scotch Tape while applying your eye makeup is brilliant!! How would you compare the Physician's Formula shimmer shadows to the Urban Decay palette?
    Eva @ evamarietaylor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I forget to add some more makeup for pictures almost every time! = washed out me.
    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a fun video! Thanks for sharing your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey girl! I have been loving all of your videos! keep it up! I'll be followin' :)
    Briana
    www.brislittebiglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Chelsea! I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Scotch tape is a wonderful trick! Whoever thought of it first is a genius! :) The colors are very similar between the 2 palettes but there aren't any matte shadows in the Physician's Formula. It goes on pretty smooth also but it's a touch less pigmented. With the price difference though, it's still a great option! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to feel really uncomfortable about going heavier on my makeup. In person it just looks like so much and it just doesn't feel right.but it really does look great in pictures The Revlon products are great too; they make your skin glow rather than looking flat and washed out....and it's a drugstore product! :) Thanks for stopping by, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Ashley! I'm glad you stopped by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them! I really like doing them but I'm still getting a feel for it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely something you have to get used to and really get a feel for, that's for sure! I used to feel really uncomfortable about using quite so much but it really can make all the difference! Thanks for stopping by, Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this post is amazing! least im not the only one that thinks i end up looking like a ghost!

    btw followed you from meet me on the bright side bloghop - www.traceysbeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post and nice blog, followed from meet me on the bright side blog hop, follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog! check mine out and give me a follow back theskincarebible.com

    ReplyDelete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips